Saturday 28 September 2013

Klaar! Mezzaluna No 2


The second Mezzaluna is done!

This is kind of like Attic 24's Neat Ripple pattern...you so desperately want to do it, then swear continuously while frogging hooking frogging hooking, counting counting all the way, wondering why why WHY??
Then the light shines through and angels start singing and you know THIS is another pattern that you will hook and hook for the next 60 years. 

Here's my blue Mezzaluna:

Soft as a cloud

The border...I started with the first two tows of Border #38 in Edie Eckman's Around the Corner - Crochet Borders (get it!), and added another thingamajig thingey to rather make a picot, can't remember how, but here it is:

Picot in-between two 2DCtog clusters?  Maybe.

Oh, and every third row I used TR instead of DC, to add some length.

Halfway through I already knew that was also not going to be mine, lovely as it is, much as I love the colour and the softness...just wanted to try it on then:

The lenght is right :-)
(Yes, sitting at Pure Café...that green in the window is a dead giveaway)

It was going to be my aunty's.  

This blue is HER colour, and she has cold winters where she lives, and she needs a soft hug like this AND she's going to visit my sis in Ireland next year when it will still be cool!!  

So when she came for a quick visit yesterday...


... we tried it on



She loved it!



Happiness!

Will the next mezzaluna be mine?

Maybe third time lucky :-)

PS. I managed to find a second-hand copy of the pattern book online, yeay!
Waiting with bated breath for the journey from Japan to South Africa

8 comments:

homemade@myplace said...

bellissima mezzaluna!!!!
I love the colour!!! then the fourth one will be for me!!!! BIG LAUGH!!!!!
xxxxxx Ale

Stel said...

Ha ha haaa!!
*ridere*

Hilda Steyn said...

I hope that by the time you start number three, you can still remember all the intricate detail of what to do and what not to do.....

Stel said...

I took great notes this time !

Penny said...

It's beautiful Stel, I love the colour too xox Penny

Pradeepa said...

Stel, it's fabulous! I love the color. You should really make one for yourself.

Stel said...

Thanks, Predeepa! I have a plan :-)

Haafner said...

Very nice indeed! Definitely make a third one! (And a 4th...) xh