Tuesday 24 January 2012

One-A-Day...Continuing Leandra's Cushion


Aah...one week later...

The front of the cushion is almost done, 16 squares:


(Photos taken at night, with my mobile...aaargh)

Edging these in navy now. Three done, eight to go, joining as I go:


I'm loving the Vinni's Cotton! But still have to decided what is going to happen with the back of the cushion...will I crochet it?  Or cover it with some fabric?

Carole is hosting One-A-Day over at Gingerbread Girl.  Have a look at the Tuesday's Tallies for heaps of lovely ideas and inspiring projects!



12 comments:

Deb Hickman said...

These squares are gorgeous, great colour choice.xxx

Stefanie said...

How exciting that you're almost there! I love your bold colors.

Stel said...

Thanks! Must say, it's not like me, but I'm starting to like the colours a lot. I took a photo of her upholstery and tried to tie in with that.

Candace said...

Love your colour choice, looking forward to seeing the finished project

stitchin' girl said...

The squares are very pretty - the blue you are using to connect them is just perfect!

Grateful4Crochet said...

These are looking fantastic- love your colours!!

Joanne said...

I love your squares, the colours are wonderful. What about one large square for the back!

Anonymous said...

beautiful squares i look forward to seeing the cushion

beberouge said...

The squares loo great. I vote for fabric much easier hehe :)

Suzanne said...

Looking very good! I once made a crochet pillow with fabric on the back and it didn't turn out that great. It was the wrong fabric and I'm not a great sewer. So I would go for a crochet back, but if you do have great fabric you should use that!

Nicole said...

Great progress! I think I'd probably crochet the back to keep it consistent with the front of it. If you did decide to do fabric, I think I'd stick to a solid color and no prints as the front will be busy enough with plenty of colors :)

* said...

Lovely, love the sheen on the cotton, loks very luxurious. I would go with a crochet back....but then its probably as I'm not a great sewer!